Health Care Workers *

If you are a healthcare worker and have sustained an injury during the course of your employment you may be entitled to bring an application for compensation.   This application may involve an application to the Injuries Board, the Criminal Injuries Compensation Tribunal or under the Compensation Scheme for Nurses.   We have represented healthcare workers who have been injured in all sorts of circumstances, including

  • Assaults by patients
  • Injury caused by lifting patients
  • Needle-stick injuries
  • Infection

There are time limits within which an action must be commenced. An Injuries Board application should be brought generally speaking within two years. Some Schemes allow far lesser periods. If you are a healthcare worker and you have been injured the course of your employment, contact our Firm as soon as possible for guidance on these strict time limits.

Contact us at Cantillons Solicitors at +353 (0)21 -4275673 or [email protected] if you would like more information.

* In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.


Cantillons Solicitors is OPEN. We are meeting new and existing clients at our office at 39 South Mall, Cork. We have taken the necessary precautions within our office to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all those who attend at our office. For those not in a position to attend in person at our office, we can facilitate online meetings (via Zoom and Skype). Please feel free to call us on +353 21 4275673 or email us on [email protected].